Lead Product Designer
Caredove is a platform for connecting patients with community services. We help hundreds of community agencies that deliver vital services like in-home nursing, therapy, meals on wheels, and more, to efficiently onboard new clients who need help to remain healthy at home. Historically, these organizations receive referrals from clinicians and from the public, with intake processes often involving faxing and phone tag, and software not designed to handle their complicated workflows. Our software strives to transform these complexities into an elegant process that respectfully delivers what people need, is not wasteful, and is a joy to experience.
We help organizations of all sizes grow, from small local services of 10 people to national agencies like Canadian Red Cross. We started in Ontario and are expanding into other markets in Canada and the US.
We are excited about building Caredove and are looking for a highly-skilled, passionate, and thoughtful Lead Product Designer with impeccable information architecture skills to help redefine the future of how people connect with community care.
The company is based in Orillia, Ontario, however, most of us work remotely, most of the time. You can too if that is best for you.
You will lead the redesign process and overall information architecture of our web platform “Caredove.com”, applying a system thinking and user-centered design approach. You will work directly (and daily) with the CTO of Caredove. Your work will have a major impact on re-imagining our platform. The design system you build will be relied upon by the entire company.
As Lead Product Designer, you:
- Are passionate about end to end, human-centered product design.
- Lead projects from end-to-end as the key person taking ownership of successful solutions. We don't do sign-offs and burdensome documentation.
- Gather requirements and are skilled in user research, information architecture, user flows, UX design, and prototyping.
- Design page layouts, user interactions, data presentations, and interfaces.
- Have the technical insight to consider and foresee the technical implications of design decisions (e.g., coding complexity, performance, scalability).
- Effectively communicate your design concept to stakeholders with thoughtfulness and confidence. This includes interacting with the development team constantly, understanding technical constraints, finding room for creative solutions within an existing codebase.
- Seek to simplify the experience, while enabling sophisticated workflows.
- Are highly proficient in collaborative design tools like Sketch and Figma.
- Validate engineering deliverables against design requirements.
You will be a great fit for this position if you:
- Have a passion for our mission of connecting people with care.
- Have demonstrable experience bringing real products to life.
- Have experience creating web applications from conception to launch and after.
- Obsessively update the processes you (and others) work with.
- Have worked on complex projects and products with workflow design challenges.
- Love connecting with people for whom you are designing.
- Love what you do and are hungry to learn new skills.
- Think beyond mockups, and into the dynamic experience that a user feels when using an application. You have a strong understanding of web interfaces, navigation, intuitive functionality, interaction design, and application architecture.
- Are highly motivated and conscientious.
Bonus points for:
- Knowledge of the health care or community service sector.
- Speaking and writing French.
Why join Caredove
We are a small but growing team, and our roles and responsibilities are still a little bit fluid depending on the pressures of the day. We hold each other up, we make tough decisions together, we brainstorm regularly, we value “team” over “ego”, we give and take constructive criticism, we celebrate success, we get it done, we mentor, we wear hoodies AND suits. We avoid report writing, long emails, and using business jargon - at all costs. We try to live healthy lives.