Senior Frontend Developer (React)
Most of us have had sick family members or friends struggle to navigate the healthcare system, unable to find and connect to the care they need in time. It hurts. We are solving this problem.
Caredove is a health care software platform for connecting patients with community healthcare services. With our software, we have helped over one-half million patients access healthcare in Canada, from newborns needing health screening to seniors accessing home care. Staff at over 800 community health care organizations use Caredove, like Canadian Red Cross, Royal Ottawa Hospital and the Alzheimer Society. We are just getting started.
We want to bring a consumer-oriented approach to healthcare software where our users love what we build. The Senior Frontend Developer is an expert in developing powerful user experiences in React, provides guidance to the development team, and loves making an impact in a product oriented business.
The company is based in Orillia, Ontario where we have an office. However, most of our team of ~20 people work remotely. You can too if that is best for you.
Salary range: $110k - $160k
This role is the senior lead for front end development at Caredove.
We want our app to purr like a kitten, so we are doing a ground-up clean rebuild of our entire application. You don’t have to work in anybody else's code, you get to build the new React frontend code foundation that other engineers will follow and thank you for.
We have several modules: Service Search, Forms, Calendar, CRM Inbox, and more. You will work directly on all of these modules building scalable and reusable components.
This role reports to the Director of Engineering (a senior Laravel expert who is leading the back-end development). You will work closely with a team of 4-6 developers, designers, and devops.
Our frontend stack is React 17+, TailwindCSS 3 with a custom design system, with InteriaJS, multi-language translations using i18n-next, custom ES6 modules. Laravel is our backend. We use PostgreSQL and our infrastructure is AWS.
Our development process is based on agile, supported with Jira/Confluence and Git. Our API stack is Java & Node.js.
We want to create a work environment that encourages positivity, celebrates growth, supports teamwork and enables autonomy, while actively removing any barriers to progress. This role is a key contributor to this culture in the technical team.
In this role, you will:
- Develop the Caredove platform’s front-end, composed of scalable and reusable components using clean and maintainable code
- Contribute to high level architecture planning, consulting with our internal team on approach, supporting junior and intermediate developers
- Use the latest frontend technologies
- Provide paired coding assistance to less senior frontend developers
- Perform code reviews
- Help optimize the infrastructure for better scalability
- Stay up to date on latest development technologies and methodologies
- Build code that is a great model for others to follow
You will be a great fit for this position if:
- You are an expert in React. We care less about the years of experience than the talent level, drive and character you bring to the team.
- You are constantly learning. You are the type of person who has a paid subscription to React tutorials, has attended React conferences, and/or contributes to the broader React community.
- You have proven experience in agile methodologies in software development.
- You provide positive motivational energy, to encourage other team members to perform at their best.
- You communicate well with developers, designers, analysts and other stakeholders.
Bonus Points for:
- Speaking and writing French
- Health sector experience
Why Join Caredove:
We are a small but growing team, and our roles and responsibilities are still a little bit fluid. We hold each other up, we make tough decisions together, we brainstorm regularly, we value “team” over “ego”, we give and take constructive criticism, we celebrate success, we get it done, we mentor, we wear hoodies AND suits, just not at the same time. We avoid report writing, long emails, and using business jargon. We try to live healthy lives.