Software Project Manager
Caredove is a health care software platform for connecting patients with home care and community services. We want to bring a consumer-oriented approach where our users love what we build. With our software we have helped over four hundred thousand patients access health care in Canada, from newborns needing health screening to seniors accessing home care. We have only scratched the surface of what we can do.
The company is based in Orillia, Ontario. However, most of our team of ~20 people work remotely, most of the time. You can too if that is best for you.
The Software Project Manager at Caredove plays the key role in the successful planning and delivery of changes to the Caredove platform. These changes include building new modules and features, updating existing features and upgrading technical infrastructure. The role will work directly with the CTO to plan initiatives that have been identified as priorities for the Caredove platform.
This role will fully understand the user-oriented designs generated by the product team, then convert the designs into technical deliverables to be built by the development team. Furthermore, this role will drive the progress of the deliverables forward with the technical team (Development, QA, DevOps).
Our philosophy is to ship features and improvements often, which build on each other towards larger goals. We want to create a work environment that encourages positivity, celebrates progress, supports teamwork and enables autonomy, while actively removing ways of working that may discourage our staff. This role is a key motivator to build this culture in the technical team.
We manage software projects in Jira/Confluence.
In this role, you will:
- Define software project objectives, scope, milestones, budgets and timelines
- Collaborate with the CTO and senior team members to plan projects that have been identified to align with strategic organizational objectives
- Collaborate with the product team to validate technical feasibility of designs, and prioritize key requirements
- Collaborate with technical team (developers, DevOps) to architect solutions, and manage progress
- Collaborate with the Marketing and Operations team to prepare effective communications of product enhancements
- Collaborate with Privacy and Security personnel to ensure impacts of changes have been assessed
- Collaborate with Quality Assurance to ensure sufficient testing
- Divide milestones into small, manageable deliverables that prevent “collisions” in concurrent software development work
- Allocate and monitor resources (designers, developers, implementers) across deliverables
- Identify project risks and roadblocks; adjust plans and resources accordingly
- Monitor and track execution versus plans
- Plan and support staff-driven milestone demo sessions
You will be a great fit for this position if you:
- Have 3+ years of experience in software design and development project management
- Have proven experience in agile methodologies for digital product development
- Provide motivating energy to encourage the team to perform at their best
- Like discovering hidden complexity
- Can understand and contribute to technical architecture
- Have top-notch communication skills
- Enjoy a fast paced environment
- Have a passion for our mission of connecting people with care
- Love what you do and are hungry to learn new skills
- Are highly motivated and conscientious
Bonus Points for:
- Speaking and writing French
- Health sector experience
Why Join Caredove:
We are a small but growing team, and our roles and responsibilities are still a little bit fluid depending on the pressures of the day. We hold each other up, we make tough decisions together, we brainstorm regularly, we value “team” over “ego”, we give and take constructive criticism, we celebrate success, we get it done, we mentor, we wear hoodies AND suits. We avoid report writing, long emails, and using business jargon. We try to live healthy lives.