Software Quality Assurance Analyst
Caredove is a health care software platform for connecting patients with home care and community services. We want to bring a consumer-oriented approach where our users love what we build. We have about 20 staff in our team, mostly in Ontario. With our software, we have helped over five hundred thousand patients access health care in Canada, from newborns needing health screening, to seniors accessing home care. We have only scratched the surface of what we can do.
The company is based in Orillia, Ontario, however, most of us work remotely, most of the time.
We are looking for a talented and experienced Software QA analyst to join the Caredove team. You will champion quality throughout the software development lifecycle, from requirements definitions to release. You will become an expert in the optimal functioning of the Caredove platform including the search, booking, forms, and referral inbox modules and related APIs. You will collaborate with the product development team to define test cases, automate testing processes, improve the product’s performance, and validate that developer outputs meet design requirements.
Our current QA stack is Cypress, JUnit, JMeter, TestLink, Jira and Confluence. This role would be involved in leading decisions about additions and changes to our testing stack to meet the needs of the team and the product (for example, help decide if Zephyr should replace TestLink).
Our application stack is React, Laravel, Node js, Java, Python (Django), PostgreSQL and AWS.
Our philosophy is to ship features and improvements often, which build on each other towards larger goals. We want to create a work environment that encourages positivity, celebrates progress, supports teamwork and enables autonomy.
In this role, you will:
- Work closely with product and development team members, in an agile environment.
- During the design phase, define test cases to drive clear development objectives.
- During the development phase, build a culture of collaborative quality assurance between developers and QA to execute unit tests / integration tests / end-to-end tests to ensure that acceptance criteria has been met.
- During the release phase, establish CI/CD processes and ensure that only quality code is pushed live.
- On an ongoing basis, build automated tests for functionality and performance. Also, build and perform manual testing procedures.
- Champion the importance of error free software across the organization, and develop processes for all departments to provide input into QA.
- Identify and resolve gaps in test coverage.
- Investigate, document, prioritize, bug reports.
- Communicate the status and results of tests.
- Document test processes and new features.
You will be a great fit for this position if you:
- Possess at least 3 years experience in setting up automated software QA testing including test case creation, execution and defect management and reporting.
- Have experience with all stages of application testing (e.g., Functional, Integration, Regression & User Acceptance).
- Have a proven track record of learning new systems and technologies quickly.
- Are experienced in an agile work environment.
- Possess strong analytical skills and technical aptitude with keen attention to detail.
- Have deep experience with applying risk based testing methods.
- Have experience with Selenium automation tools and defect tracking software.
- Possess strong understanding of API testing.
- Are a strong collaborator with an ability to work with teammates to scope and solve complex problems.
- Experienced in developing CI/CD pipelines that optimize the software development life cycle.
- Have strong interpersonal and documentation skills.
- Can define priorities independently and show initiative.
- Love what you do and are hungry to learn new skills.
- Are highly motivated and conscientious.
- Have a passion for our mission of connecting people with health care.
Bonus Points for:
- Knowledge of health care or community service sector
- Speaking and writing French
Why Join Caredove:
We are a small but growing team, and our roles and responsibilities are still a little bit fluid depending on the pressures of the day. We hold each other up, we make tough decisions together, we brainstorm regularly, we value “team” over “ego”, we give and take constructive criticism, we celebrate success, we get it done, we mentor, we wear hoodies AND suits. We avoid report writing, long emails, and using business jargon. We try to live healthy lives.