Full Stack Developer
Why work at Caredove?
There are the perks, but the main reason people love working at Caredove is the impact they can have on thousands of patients and healthcare providers.
Have you ever lived through the process of getting a referral to an important health care service? The waiting, the phone tag, the mystery, the anxiety ... almost everybody has a horror story. We created Caredove to take the pain out of accessing home care and community services.
The Product - Caredove
It's really hard to connect with home care and community services, so people struggle even though there are health services out there that can help them. Caredove was built to make it easy to connect with these services.
Caredove is an online referral management platform that helps people search, book, and connect with home care and community services.
We want to bring a consumer-oriented approach to providing health care software, where our users love using what we build. We are excited about building Caredove and are looking for team members who share our passion for helping people who need care. We develop software that pays attention to the big and small details of people's experience when getting new health care services.
The Opportunity - Full Stack Developer
Caredove is seeking a Full Stack Developer to join our team. You will help build new features and update existing ones. You will be working in a variety of application development related activities, in a startup atmosphere.
You can ditch the daily commute, you will be working with us virtually most of the time. We have an office in Toronto and Orillia; most of us live north of Toronto.
In this role, you will:
- code systems within our core application, Caredove.com. The work is likely to be 70% front-end, 30% back-end
- be responsible for building out new modules and supporting applications for Caredove.com
- develop Caredove's API architecture and integration tools (HL7 FHIR based)
- collaborate with a cross-functional team
- provide input to Caredove's technical direction and architecture
- work closely with designer, product owner, and CTO
- contribute to a large code base, shipping your code frequently
You will be a great fit for this position if you:
- are motivated by doing quality work
- you are effective at collaborating in the virtual, dispersed working environment
- love building clean code
- have an independent streak
- have experience in agile/lean development methodologies
- have experience with ReSTful JSON APIs
- have some experience with the LAMP stack, but will do most of your work with Angular, Node, Mongo, and VUE.js.
- have experience with high-security software architecture handling sensitive information
- are comfortable interacting with customers, on occasion, as part of the agile development process
Bonus Points for:
- experience with HL7 FHIR or related standards
- health industry experience
- experience integrating with healthcare applications/EMRs
- participation in standards building communities (e.g., HL7 FHIR)
This role may not be a good fit for you if:
- You need somebody staring over your shoulder and micromanaging you to be productive
We are a small but growing team, and our roles and responsibilities are fluid depending on the pressures of the day. We are learning constantly, we hold each other up, we make tough decisions together, we brainstorm regularly, we value “team” over “ego”, we give and take constructive criticism, we celebrate success, we get it done, we mentor, we wear hoodies AND suits, we avoid report writing, long emails, and PowerPoint at all costs. We try to live healthy lifestyles.